Reaction to videos from 11/7
I can see some possibilities for integrating video into a curriculum. However, I don't know if it would be worthwhile to pay the fee for the service. You would really have to hunt and pick through all of the search options in order to find something useful. I did really like the way the videos were divided into chapters, however.
I love the ideas that we've discussed for getting kids involved in creating content. It is an interesting debate over whether it's our place to create more opportunities for kids to be on computers, but I think that it's a worthwhile activity. Kids will be using technology anyway, in school or out, and I feel that any way we can harness their enthusiasm and direct it toward learning activities is valuable. Doing these creative technology activities changes the lesson plan from an "I will talk at you and you will learn things" approach and gives kids an opportunity to take what they have learned and manipulate it on their own in ways that hopefully are more productive and valuable for them.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home